When a druid turns away from the land, the land turns away from them. Some ex-druids make peace with this change; others seek to restore the bond. A few, however, actually embrace their disconnection from nature and become forces of destruction. These few, called blighters, bring desolation wherever they tread. The devoted servants of nature corrupted, ruined, and destroyed, Blighters are the caretakers of lands ravaged by natural disaster - in their eyes, at the very least. While some are devoted to reforming and reclaiming lands despoiled by the ravages of civilization, others seek out the more rapacious violence inherent in nature and feed the creeping rot and decay that brings an end to all things.
Only human ex-druids seem attracted in any considerable number to the blighter’s path. Legends say that a few elven druids have also turned to destruction over the millennia—a terrifying prospect given how much land they could destroy in their long lifetimes.
NOTE: This class is universally treated as an undesirable and generally is likely to struggle within the setting of TDN. What this inherently entails is guaranteed permanent death through our death system. As such Blighter isn't recommended for new players or those that shy from hardship, confrontation, and conflict in storytelling.
Alignment Restriction: Any Evil.
Hit Die: d8
Proficiencies: armor (light, medium), shields, weapons (druid)
Skill Points: 5 + INT Modifier
Class Skills: Barter, Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge: All, Parry, Perform, Spellcraft, Taunt, Sense Motive
Primary Saving Throws: Fortitude, Will
Base Attack Bonus: +3/4 Levels
Spellcasting: Divine (Spell Failure from armor is ignored), Wisdom-based (a base wisdom score of 10 + the spell's level is required to cast a spell, bonus spells are based on modified Wisdom, and the Wisdom modifier affects spell DCs).
- Be Aware: Spell sharing with summons/familiars does not function for the Blighter class.
Level Progression / Spells per Day
Deforestation, Nature Sense
Sustenance, Woodland Stride
Blightfire I, Trackless Step, Great Fortitude
Resist Nature’s Lure
Blightfire II, Contagious Touch, Rot Immunity
Mold Abomination, Aberrant Shape (2x/day)
Aberrant Shape (3x/day), Unbond
Blightfire IV, Venom Immunity, Contagious Touch (3x/day)
Aberrant Shape (4x/day)
Aberrant Shape (5x/day)
Blightfire VI, Contagious Touch (4x/day)
Aberrant Shape (6x/day)
Aberrant Shape (7x/day)
Aberrant Shape (8x/day), Plague
- Deforestation / Blighter's Mark: The Blighter communes with the destruction within themself and generates a blight upon a natural terrain. This must be used in order to activate other Blighter abilities.
- The specified location will be marked visibly. If a PC enters the area that the Blighter's Mark resides in, there is a 50% chance a hostile abberation may spawn. (not applicable for Blighter PCs).
- The Blighter's Mark can be dispelled with "Lesser Dispel" spell on the afflicted area.
- Herbs spawning within a Blighter's Mark will instantly wilt, and produce no herbs when harvested.
- Blightfire: Scales with level, dealing Acid and Fire damage equally. Reflex Half. Hurts allies. Unlimited uses per day.
- If in a natural, non-city area, Blightfire may cause Deforestation in a random location around the Blighter.
- If the Blighter has cast Blighter's Mark in the last 2 hours, Blightfire does not harm allies.
- Damage values scale as follows:
- I - 1d4 Fire, 1d4 Acid
- II - 1d6 Fire, 1d6 Acid
- III - 1d10 Fire, 1d10 Acid
- IV - 1d12 Fire, 1d12 Acid
- V - 2d8 Fire, 2d8 Acid
- VI - 2d10 Fire, 2d10 Acid
- VII - 2d12 Fire, 2d12 Acid
- VIII - 3d10 Fire, 3d10 Acid
- Sustenance:No longer needs food/water for resting.
- The Blighter will need to have cast Deforestation/Blighter's Mark within the last 6 hours for this to be valid.
- Rot Immunity: Immunity to Disease.
- Aberrant Shape: The Blighter transforms into a loathsome abberation of terrifying speed and power, revealing the true nature of their internal corruption. (details TBD)
- Contagious Touch: Improved Contagion Spell Effects. (details TBD)
- Mold Abomination: The Blighter crafts an unspeakable horror of rot and decay from the elements of the earth (details TBD). 10 minute cooldown. Limit 1.
- Unbond: Variant form of Banishment summoned creatures of the Animal, Beast or Magical Beast type, Familiars and Animal Companions. Usable every 10 minutes.
- Plague: A Blighter can spread disease over a large area. This ability functions like the contagious touch ability, it affects all targets the Blighter designates within a 20-foot radius. Plague is usable once per day.
|Cantrips||Spell Level 1||Spell Level 2||Spell Level 3||Spell Level 4||Spell Level 5||Spell Level 6||Spell Level 7||Spell Level 8||Spell Level 9|
|Flare||Bane||Blindness/Deafness||Animate Dead||Blight||Call Lightning Storm||Acid Fog||Control Undead||Bombardment||Elemental Swarm|
|Inflict minor wounds||Burning Hands||Blood Frenzy||Call Lightning||Death Ward||Circle of Doom||Circle of Death||Creeping Doom||Create Greater Undead||Implosion|
|Light||Endure Elements||Bull's Strength||Circle Against Alignment||Elemental Shield||Inferno||Create Undead||Earthquake||Horrid Wilting||Storm of Vengeance|
|Grease||Cat's Grace||Contagion||Flame Strike||Plague of Rats||Crumble||Finger of Death||Incendiary Cloud|
|Inflight Light Wounds||Darkness||Dispel Magic||Hold Monster||Slay Living||Drown||Firestorm||Mass Blindness/Deafness|
|Protection from Alignment||Endurance||Dominate Animal||Ice Storm||Spell Resistance||Energy Buffer||Mind Blank|
|Ray of Enfeeblement||Flame Lash||Infestation of Maggots||Inflict Critical Wounds||Greater Dispelling||Shambler|
|Ultravision||Flame Weapon||Inflict Serious Wounds||Stoneskin||Greater Stoneskin|
|Gust of Wind||Posion||Wall of Fire||Harm|
|Hold Animal||Protection from Elements|
|Inflict Moderate Wounds||Quillfire|
|Lesser Dispel||Spike Growth|
|Negative Energy Ray||Stinking Cloud|
|Owl's Wisdom||Vampiric Touch|