- The total enhancement bonus to ability scores has been reduced to +8 from +12. This includes gear and spells. For more information see the ability scores entry on the NWN wiki.
- Characters may have a single digit (below 10) in two mental ability scores (INT, WIS or CHA), but NOT all three.
- The total enhancement bonus to Skills is now +8 reduced from +50, this includes items and effects from spells. This cap does not include feats or racial abilities. For more information on this cap see the skills entry on the NWN wiki.
- Tumble no longer works in Heavy Armor, or while using a Tower Shield.
- Most spells now have casting cooldowns. See Spell Changes for details.
- Multiclass XP penalties have been removed.
- All characters can only have a maximum of one prestige class.
- Paladin multiclassing is limited by their order.
- Monk multiclassing is limited by their order.
- All characters must follow the guidelines regarding choosing patron deities found here: Pantheons and Patrons
- Overview: Based on concept/theme/investment, we are requiring specific number of levels in a number of classes. This is not based on mechanics, rather, it is based on the story/lore behind each class. We feel that we've done a good job removing incentive of level-dips for classes, however given the unique nature of the classes below, we are instituting this requirement.
- Example: A Blighter pursuing a path of destruction and immoral decisions for only a single level makes no narrative sense.
- Note: There is no requirement to take the minimum 12 levels by a particular time in your character's build.
- The following classes require 12 levels invested in each:
- Dread Necromancer
- Favored Soul