Drafer's Journal

Shadow2020

Original poster
Jul 30, 2020
Journal entry: 10th Marpenoth 1368
I woke up again dripping with sweat, it's the same nightmare. I can see it so vivid, I hear the screaming, how many more times must I endure it ? It's been almost 10 years and yet it feels just like it was yesterday.

Journal entry: 25th Nightal 1368
My life has changed so much since that day, from ploughing fields to feeding cattle in our family farmstead on the outskirts of Kholtar to traveling in a wagon from town to town. While I miss my parents. The pain no longer lingers I am grateful for the world I have had my eyes opened to.

Journal entry: 3rd Hammer 1369
I am not sure what happened but during a show my words started to manifest a small flicker of light, it's almost as if my words form a bond with the weave. I hope Thomas can teach me how to focus and control this energy.

Journal entry: 15th Alturiak 1369
It took a long time but we have reached Derlusk. The stories Thomas told me of his hometown do it little justice, a song could be heard echoing on the wind no matter the time of day. Music was part of the fabric of this beautiful town.

Journal entry: 22nd Alturiak 1369
I sent a letter today, I hope it gets to them. I was so lucky that day, I thank Brandobaris each and every night. When Thomas found me he was so warm and kind his wife was much the same, they took me and raised me as their own. When I told them I was leaving it broke their hearts but I needed answers. That day I saw the bodies will be with me for ever but yet I still have hope. It might only be a small chance but my brother could still be alive.

Journal entry: 17th Ches 1369
It feels like I have been on the road for two tendays. Time would move so quickly when I travelled with Thomas and Mary, the shows they performed where spectacular. I remember taking part for the first time, it still brings a smile to my face, I was both excited and terrified at the same time.

Journal entry: 26th Ches 1369
One of the wheels fell off the wagon, we had to stop for a time I took it upon myself to entertain the other passengers. Memories came flooding back to me of my first performance. I was starting to miss Thomas and Mary, they had been there since that day and through all the ups and the downs; they were my family now but yet I still hold onto hope. There have been sightings fitting the description of my brother.

Journal entry: 9th Tarsakh 1369
We had to stop at a checkpoint today, I think we have now entered Amn. There is an uneasy feeling to the place, the guards looked us over as if we were nothing more then goods to be traded. Could this be the place where I finally find the answer I have been searching for?