Portraits

Ari

Original poster
Beta Tester
Jun 16, 2020
Arizona
I can't remember if it was a feature before but will there be a .hak or file pack players can upload their OC custom portraits to use on the server?

I find it might be easier to create a forum thread or like the one on the discord where players can upload their portrait (and the TGA files) so that people can download them accordingly, as opposed to consistently updating a .hak file to keep up with player portraits.

Ah, that is a good idea as well. Could potentially have someone make it as a Steam Workshop item too for easy updating/downloading for the server.

I plan on building a system for community upload of portraits in the future. I'll make a post an guide about it when I do.

You are aware there is already a very very extensive portrait pack available on Steam?

There is also a Discord that is the community that built it and is supporting the continuous expansion of that portrait pack. I realize its labeled "Arelith" but it seems a silly duplication of effort to make our own when they have one thats growing and supported.

True, but maybe people want some portraits not on there for their characters. I won't say no to more options for portraits.

Ok, but that's why there is a community and discord that directly supports that portrait pack. If you want a portrait added all you have to do is submit one to the community and if it meets there standards they will add it.

Well, up to the devs here. If they do their own I'll be using that. And they perhaps have more control over what's added and whatnot. Idk, I ain't a dev. I'll use whatever TDN's main pack is.

We will have our own compilation and forum thread/Discord channel, I don't see much benefit in using something like the proposed one. People will have commissions and self drawn contributions that they don't want to spread, or they just want particular portraits of a specific few individuals they mostly play with.

Reactions: Ari